Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shaking things up

This took me longer to write than expected so the beginning is from last night and the end is from this morning ;)
Tonight I am babysitting my sister's three kids who are 6, 4 and almost 3. Add Lola to that, and you get some funny looks at Chick Fil A. Forgot my wedding ring too so people see a girl who looks about 19 calling herself mommy (to only Lola but I doubt they were paying that much attention) The two tables across from us were looking in our direction a lot. I probably looked even crazier because the kids kept going in the play area and immediately after I would slather on the Purel, by the third time the kids were fighting back....

My sewing addiction has been ignited again after making Lola a new pair of pants out of some of my favorite Amy Butler fabric... No, actually it was the black/yellow bird fabric I made a tiny pillow cover out of for the chair Lola got for Christmas that started it all. I winged that pattern... it wasn't a bad job and I'm pretty proud that I came up with it on my own. Today I got it in my head that I would make covers for the nasty throw pillows on the couch and it just happened that i had the perfect fabric to tie in with the rest of the house but add some punches of blue and the slightest touch of green. 
Pardon the messy table, I was still in the crafting process :)
This leads me to my next issue. Iphones are NOT made to take pictures that are all that great. While I have do access to an awesome camera I never seem to take any pictures with it unless I have multiple items that need photographed which means at least half the things, most often gifts,  I make within 30 minutes of leaving the house on the way to the party are never seen by anyone but the recipient/guests. Not very smart!
In other news I am seriously considering selling these new creations on the site - the pants, pillow covers (I think I would even be able to sell them with an insert but I have to look into that before making any promises) and a new cape/blanket I made for Lola a few days ago. OH! And the knitted booties and headband/earwarmers! AND the hair accessories for women, I need more supplies but I have already made a few for my sister. Man I am excited about all these new things....Oh and I need to post the hearts and bunny hair clips and I have a few holiday shirts in the works as well, I'm thinking ribbon and marabou, oh I can't wait to show you all the shirts!
Ok, enough rambling, here's one more (bad Iphone picture) of the holiday bows I already made, the bunny isn't actually crooked like the picture makes it look... dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment