Saturday, October 1, 2011

Never Fails

Sometimes it feels like I lose things before they even leave my hands. All I wanted to do was make some knee-highs out of old tights for Lola.... And I had the perfect dress for her to wear with them today but I set them down and promptly lost them. 
Lola decided that the dog crate is a "washing machine".... I suppose that will be a fun Saturday afternoon... Since I need to do some cleaning up, hopefully I will find those dang socks-to-be. 
I was hoping to sew up said socks real quick while I was baking this:
An Apple German Pancake. The apples are cooked in the pan on the stove with a lot of butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.... Oh it was so good. Once the apples are tender you pour the pancake batter over the apples and toss it all in the oven. The directions said to cook it in the oven for about 25 minutes but my pan must have been super hot or something because I burnt the bottom and I only cooked it for a little less than 20 minutes. It was still delicious. If you want to give it a try- it's SO simple- click here. If I had any powdered sugar I would have added a little dust of it but it didn't need it. I'm making my way through my favorites on foodgawker.com. Last night we had a cheesy mushroom chicken that was divine and the day before I made the jelly roll pancakes and potato soup, all of which I posted about here. What to try next???
Anyways, this is what happened when I presented Lola with her breakfast....
Yea, she hid under her table. Talk about ungrateful! She tasted a bite of apple but said she didn't like it. I don't believe her because she didn't act like she didn't like it- when she tasted the lunch her dad made her she drooled and gagged, now THAT is disgust.
My life is nothing if not consistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment