Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Making Dreams Come True+Word Vomit

     Have you ever realized all your dreams have come true one of your dreams has come true? Today was that day for me. Lola napped for 5 1/2 hours total today, and not only that, she was in pretty good spirits between naps and went to bed at 8pm. Not only did I get to do my usual: being lazy and watching a little ton of tv-but I also got to tidy up, sort through toys and get them organized and cook Lo a semi-healthy meal for lunch AND dinner. 


      She is just a normal, silly 1 1/2 year old running wild. But she's also the smartest (of course!) funniest little kid around. Her vocabulary is growing faster than I can even keep up with, she cleans up her messes and even makes me laugh when she says no by shaking her fat little cheeks from side to side and very seriously and somewhat somberly stating "no...no.......no." 

      She is obsessed with Skype, can't see my laptop without opening it up, clawing at the keys and trying to climb inside of the screen all the while calling out "Mama! Papa!!!!" She calls her Aunt Megan mommy, screaming at the picture on the wall and squealing happy giggles. Chases me with a photo album yelling Will Will and kissing the picture of her cousin.

     Big personality all the way, including quite an attitude. A champion back-archer, the picture taken with Santa capturing this ability on film (or paper if you want to get technical...you always have to go there don't you?) as Santa's white gloved hand keeps a tight grip on her rigid little body. Her temper tantrums are almost comical, straight out of a scene in a movie, and she mastered this "throw herself down kicking and screaming" fit by the age of 9 months. She has been pulling the pouty lower lip card often lately as even the slightest correction brings on the water works in full force.
    
As for the Word Vomit portion of our program tonight I would like to start by asking if you have seen the movie Mean Girls... yea, Lyndsay Lohan, I know I know... In the movie she talks about "word vomit" and I instantly identified with this statement. I however, unlike Cady, can control my upchuck, but sometimes I just don't want to. I wonder what would happen if I just said what I REALLY wanted to, would it be worth it? I'm not one to hold back too much in the first place but in certain circumstances I just choose to take the high road, bite my tongue and ignore my fierce annoyance.  One day it will be different, one day I will set the record straight. 

*For those of you wondering, it's pronounced Katie... And yes, I have actually seen the movie that many times that I know she spells her name a very stupid way..

Thank you for joining us tonight, please tune in tomorrow and remember to spay and neuter your pets!

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously jealous of the nap! Can you send some nap dust our way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Well if it makes you feel better she woke up SCREAMING at 1 am. She went back to sleep easy but I had to hold her for a couple minutes.

    ReplyDelete