Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The health hazard in my kitchen that may be lurking in yours too

It sounds like I have been watching too many news programs and taking notes but I can assure you I have done neither. 
So to the point. I have to resist my gag reflex even thinking about it. I saw on a blog HERE that I'm supposed to clean my dishwasher. I live in an apartment so I figure hm, they probably do this but it's been a few months so I'll wipe it out right quick. (While proof-reading I saw I typed "right quick"... I know I live in Va and lived in Atlanta for 8 years but I have NEVER knowingly uttered those words before)

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND
*shudder*gag*GROSS*

I made the picture as small as I could to try not to make you throw up. I almost couldn't clean it without throwing up and my stomach is still sore from knowing that was in there. That is the underside of the meshy thing. I took it all apart and cleaned it with half a gallon of vinegar, soap and scalding hot water. 
I thought i would just have a ten minute cleaning spree. How wrong was I? Now I am running it full of vinegar and detergent on sanitize with it empty. And suffice it to say this picture wasn't the worst nightmare in the dishwasher. There is also a link to show you how to clean your washing machine. That will have to wait until next week for me, I need to recover from the horrors I saw today.

No comments:

Post a Comment